GreekDonation is the best and most inexpensive place to receive donations or fundraise for your Greek organization, business, charity, or cause. We are serving and supporting our Hellenic community every step of the way. By Greeks for Greeks.
- Speed – We help people and organizations raise money quickly. The majority of our organizers can withdraw funds weekly or immediately upon campaign completion.
- Tools – GreekDonation’s fundraising tools make it easy for you to create, share, and raise money for your campaign. From our mobile app to beneficiary management to team fundraising, we are constantly working on ways to improve our organizer and donor experiences and change the way the Greek community gives.
- Reach – GreekDonation helps you easily share your story far and wide over your email, text, and social media to rally support for your cause, but also our site, app, and social media. In addition, we have a dedicated team looking for great stories to amplify and share with the media and our community.
- Service – Our Customer Service is available 24/7 to answer questions, offer guidance, and support you every step of the way. We care about your questions, which is why we’re committed to providing a rapid and friendly response.
What we do
- Donor protection guarantee – GreekDonation protects all donors and their donation.
- Simple setup – We can personalize and share your GreekDonation campaign in just a few minutes.
- No charge to your organization, tiny platform fee for us – With an extremely low platform fee of 4% (3% credit card processing which goes directly to the credit card companies, and 1% for us to create, design, and market your campaign) which is covered by the donors, you get to keep even more of your money. We can even setup your campaign to have the donors cover the processing fees.
- Mobile app – The GreekDonation app makes it easy to launch and manage your campaign on the go.
- Social reach – Harness the power of social media to spread your story and get more support.
- 24/7 expert advice – Our best in class Customer Service agents will answer your questions, day or night.
What’s the process?
- We create your donation / fundraising campaign(s)
GreekDonation helps you quickly create a campaign and tell your donation/fundraising story. You can raise money as an organization or individual. You can also create as many campaigns as needed, from charities to businesses to scholarships and more!
- Share your donation / fundraising campaign
Our sharing tools help you spread the word about your story via social media, emails, text, and push messages. We make it easy to keep your network informed so you can raise more money. Our website, app, and social media constantly promotes your campaigns to our large audience 24/7 so more people can discover you!
- Easily accept donations
GreekDonation allows you to connect donations directly to your or your beneficiary’s bank account, so you can get help right away. Plus, our super low platform fee means that you keep the most from each donation.
Why use this kind of service?
The Rise of Crowdfunding
In recent years, crowdfunding has transformed the traditional donations landscape, breaking down barriers between those in need and those available to help them and making it possible for people to offer direct support to those who need it most. This is part of a larger trend toward individual giving. In 2017, charitable giving by individuals grew by 4% for a total of $390.05 billion, outpacing giving by both corporations and foundations.
In the US, with the cost of medical care increasing rapidly and insurance coverage out of reach for many, people often turn to crowdfunding to pay for medical expenses. Some sobering facts about medical costs:
- 47% of Americans can’t afford to spend $400 when faced with an emergency.
- Prescription drug costs have risen nearly 10%, adding even more financial pressure to individuals and families trying to maintain their health.
- Annual out of pocket medical expenses in the US have risen to $486 billion, or an average of $1,400 per person.
- 66% of people surveyed said that planning for out of pocket costs is both the biggest challenge and most stressful part of healthcare management.
Best Practices to raise money for you or your Hellenic Organization
Build your story
From your campaign title to your story and photos, your campaign should inspire people to donate. Upload several high quality photos and videos to exponentially increases donations to your fundraiser.
Share and update
Every time you share your campaign, you’ll bring in an average of $43 in donations so share your fundraiser often on social media and encourage others to do the same. Get enough sharing momentum going and your
fundraiser could go viral. Well written updates also keep supporters and potential donors engaged.
Organize offline events (post pandemic)
A well planned offline event can really help your online campaign by getting your community involved, rallying support from local businesses, and catching the attention of local media.